[spambayes-dev] saving attachments

T. Alexander Popiel popiel at wolfskeep.com
Mon Mar 8 15:00:45 EST 2004

In message:  <MHEGIFHMACFNNIMMBACAAECIHJAA.sethg at GoodmanAssociates.com>
             "Seth Goodman" <sethg at GoodmanAssociates.com> writes:

>I have been accumulating a message corpus for testing that is now
>becoming alarmingly large.  My cup doth runneth over.  AFAIK, SpamBayes
>does nothing with attachments.  Neither the existence of one nor its
>name, size or contents are considered.

My recollection is that the attachment headers (content type, name,
and possibly a few other values) are indeed getting mined, just like
for any other MIME part.  We certainly ignore the body for non-text
content, but I think the metadata is used.

Of course, I haven't looked at the code in a while, so that may not
be the case now...

- Alex