[spambayes-dev] Windows implementation using Command line(forSpamBayes)

Tony Meyer tameyer at ihug.co.nz
Wed Jul 14 01:42:11 CEST 2004

> Take a look at the sb_filter.py script.  We don't build it as
> a Windows executable so you'll have to install Python and run
> from source to get it, but I see no reason why it wouldn't
> work on Windows.

I can confirm that it does.  For training, you're after the sb_mboxtrain.py
script.  I don't recall whether I've run that or not, but it should be fine
(assuming that your mail is in mbox format).  If it fails to run, open a bug
and include the traceback and assign to me (Anadelonbrin) and I should be
able to fix it.

> You might be able to use the sb_bnfilter.py and
> sb_bnserver.py scripts, which I believe are intended to do
> something similar to this.

sb_bnserver.py is definitely *nix only at the moment.  I don't see any
reason why it would have to be, though, so it could probably be changed to
be more cross platform.  Note that there's a CVS branch that has these
scripts in C (for speed), which I think is the intended final version.  Toby
is the one to talk to about them.

=Tony Meyer