[spambayes-dev] Experimental SpamBayes build available

Tony Meyer tameyer at ihug.co.nz
Wed Jan 7 00:50:55 EST 2004

> Ah, okay.  Yes, I have used pop3proxy on the machine before.
> Locating and zapping my SpamBayes folder allows things to get
> going (sort of).  I can connect to localhost:8880.

This included the bayescustomize.ini file, I presume?  (You appear to be
back from a pickle to the bsddb default).

> I tried "Save & Shutdown" and got
>
>     Traceback (most recent call last):
[...]
>       File "C:\Python23\lib\shelve.py", line 130, in __setitem__
>         self.dict[key] = f.getvalue()
>
>     TypeError: object does not support item assignment

Are you sure you aren't using 1.0a6? <wink>.  This, at least when I've seen
it before, says that the DBDictClassifier's db was None - this does happen
after closing, but it shouldn't be closed before it shuts down (obviously).

What had you done between starting it up and doing save & shutdown?  Change
options, review messages?  I wondered if it might be if nothing at all was
done, but I just tried that here and it worked fine.

=Tony Meyer