[spambayes-dev] Fwd: [Spambayes] Spambayes bug

Tim Peters tim.one at comcast.net
Thu Feb 5 15:55:59 EST 2004

[Tim Stone]
> A problem that I don't know the answer to on the spambayes public
> list... anyone got a guess at what's going on here?

Going on where?  Dee Dee talks about more than one problem.  Which one are
you asking about?  If this is about the last paragraph, get more info from
her.  Is she clicking on the Visit Subscriber List button?  If so, did she
enter the email address and password for her spambayes list subscription
first?  What did the error page say?  If it said

"""
Bug in Mailman version 2.1.4

We're sorry, we hit a bug!
If you would like to help us identify the problem, please email a copy of
this page to the webmaster for this site with a description of what
happened. Thanks!

Traceback:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/mailman-2.1/scripts/driver", line 87, in run_main
    main()
  File "/usr/local/mailman-2.1/Mailman/Cgi/roster.py", line 85, in main
    password, addr)
  File "/usr/local/mailman-2.1/Mailman/SecurityManager.py", line 219, in
WebAuthenticate
    for ac in authcontexts:
  File "/usr/local/mailman-2.1/Mailman/SecurityManager.py", line 299, in
CheckCookie
    for user in [Utils.UnobscureEmail(u) for u in usernames]:
  File "/usr/local/mailman-2.1/Mailman/SecurityManager.py", line 309, in
__checkone
    # combination.
  File "/usr/local/mailman-2.1/Mailman/SecurityManager.py", line 104, in
AuthContextInfo
    raise TypeError, 'No user supplied for AuthUser context'
  File "/usr/local/mailman-2.1/Mailman/OldStyleMemberships.py", line 102, in
getMemberPassword
    raise Errors.NotAMemberError, member
NotAMemberError: as at lik.bak
"""

then she (a) didn't enter her info correctly; and (b) she hit a Mailman bug
as a result.

OTOH, if it said

"""
Error
Spambayes roster authentication failed.
"""

then she (a) didn't enter her info correctly; and (b) she didn't hit a
Mailman bug as a result <wink>.

I'll note that the address deedeemurry at greatbigisland.com isn't subscribed
to the spambayes list, so if that's the address she entered, she can't
succeed.