[spambayes-dev] Preventing FAQ 3.13

Tony Meyer tameyer at ihug.co.nz
Thu Feb 5 03:40:03 EST 2004

[Eli]
> Kenny Pitt wrote, as have many before:
>
> > This is covered by FAQ 3.13:

<http://spambayes.sourceforge.net/faq.html#help-i-deleted-the-unsure-spam-fo
lder

> Would it be possible to detect the error state resulting from
> deleting the spam folder from within the plugin?  Having a dialog
> that pops up describing the problem and possible solutions (and perhaps
> a few do-it-for-me buttons?) might cut down a fair bit of the support
> questions that come through.

At the risk of incurring the wrath of Mark <wink>, I've done the smallest
possible thing to help out these people.  Now, if the Spam/Unsure folder is
deleted, rather than quietly failing to move the mail, it reports the error
to the user, suggesting that this is what they may have done, and what to do
about it.

This doesn't prevent them doing it, or give them do-it-for-me buttons, but
it's something.  It also doesn't help those that have the Spam/Unsure folder
in the Deleted Items folder, but haven't emptied it.

=Tony Meyer