[spambayes-dev] RE: [Spambayes] Re: Training empty messages problem

Kenny Pitt kenny.pitt at gmail.com
Wed Dec 15 21:23:49 CET 2004

Tony Meyer <tameyer at ihug.co.nz> wrote:
> Maybe we ought to be making an attempt to generate headers for all those in
> the safe_headers option (or, alternatively, changing the default value for
> safe_headers for Outlook users.  The headers that we could probably generate
> include "date", "from" (we could be smarter about how it is presented),
> "importance", "in-reply-to" (?), "message-id", "organization" (?),
> "received" (maybe too much effort), "reply-to", "to" (smarter), and
> "user-agent".  We could generate "x-mailer", which is tokenized separately,
> too.

I found the property for the Message-ID and added it to the headers.
What you get is the same message-id that an external user would see if
your Exchange server sends the message on via SMTP.

I'll try to have a look at some of the others when I have more time,
unless you beat me to it. <wink>  I see a PR_IMPORTANCE property that
can probably be used for importance if we figure out what its integer
values translate to.  For date, there are two properties to choose
from, PR_CREATION_TIME and PR_CLIENT_SUBMIT_TIME. Both appear to be
UTC times, but that could just be the way dump_props is showing them.
For x-mailer, the only thing I see is what appears to be the Outlook
version number of the sender.

--
Kenny Pitt