[spambayes-dev] python setup.py build is failing

Skip Montanaro skip at pobox.com
Tue Apr 13 09:41:54 EDT 2004

    Sjoerd> With a completely up-to-date checkout of spambayes, the command
    Sjoerd> "python setup.py build" fails with the message
    Sjoerd>     error: file 'scripts/sb_bnfilter.py' does not exist

I noticed the change to the installation procedure float by on the checkins
list but never saw anything which indicated that sb_bnfilter.py and
sb_bnserver.py were moved from contrib to scripts.

    Sjoerd> It seems to me somebody checked in a change to setup.py to also
    Sjoerd> compile and install sb_bnfilter.py but forgot to check in the
    Sjoerd> file itself...

It was there, just not where setup.py was looking.  I cvs remove'd them from
contrib and cvs add'ed them to scripts, then modified setup.py to also
install sb_bnserver.py.

Skip