[spambayes-dev] RE: [Spambayes] Are there plans for a daemonizedor compiled versionofSpambayes?

Martinez, Michael MMARTINEZ at CSREES.USDA.GOV
Tue Sep 23 09:46:25 EDT 2003

Yeah that's what I've been told.

> I suspect Skip's suggestion of a lightweight front-end written in C
> is more likely to help.

I'll look into it.

> mail.python.org is generally not heavily loaded.  It sagged pretty
badly
> under the SoBig onslaught a few weeks ago, but has been fairly healthy
> since then.)

My system sagged as well during that period ... slowed to a crawl in
fact. It would take me ten minutes to log on, and five minutes for each
shell command to execute. This is the reason I'm looking into reducing
the load from Spambayes.

Mike

http://www.gerg.ca/