[spambayes-dev] Spam and ham count can be negative !

Toby Dickenson tdickenson at geminidataloggers.com
Fri Sep 19 09:11:13 EDT 2003

On Friday 19 September 2003 13:28, papaDoc wrote:
> Hi,
>

> I'm trying to patch sb_mboxtrain to train on only the email not more
> than x days old.  I want to do that since I'm keeping all my email and
> if I train on all my emails the db becomes too big.

Im doing a similar thing, running sb_mboxtrain every night to do a full train
on all emails from the last few years. I actually run a wrapper around
sb_mboxtrain that sniffs the location of my ham and spam folders from my
kmail configuration.

>The problem is I NEVER TRAINED the database on this email.
> So the spam or ham count can becomes negative !!!!

You need the -f switch to sb_mboxtrain.

--
Toby Dickenson