[spambayes-dev] spambayes in pypi

Anthony Baxter anthony at interlink.com.au
Thu Oct 9 06:55:08 EDT 2003

> Unfortunately, I admit to both not knowing what pypi was, and never making
> source releases (which means they don't really qualify as 'python packages'
> anyway).  If I registered a username, I would soon forgot I had it, and I
> have enough trouble updating the various readmes I should, let alone another
> new one <wink/frown>

Then perhaps we should make a "mkrelease" script that does all this for you?
pypi caches your username and password, and you can retrieve it from the site
if you forget it by entering your email address.

pypi is only as useful as the data it's fed - the more projects are in it,
the more people use it, and then the more projects get put in it. It's the
first step towards a CPAN-like system for python (which we desperately need).

Anthony