[spambayes-dev] A question?

Sanjay Darisi sanjaydarisi at cox.net
Wed Oct 1 00:35:32 EDT 2003

Hello all,

I am developing a similar spam filter as spambayes.  I am looking into
the source code of spambayes outlook plugin. I have few questions
regarding how  it handles email messages. Could anyone please let me
know how spambayes outlook plug-in handles email messages? Does it add
any new fields to the email? Does it use the outlook database of emails,
if so does it change email headers or something? Where is the email
database stored? So, like when a new email message arrives in the inbox,
what actions does the outlook plugin performs on the email? What fields
does it change? and what fields does it add? Could anyone take a little
bit of time in explaining me these basic principles of the outlook
plugin? I am a novice to this project and would like to know more about
the way outlook plugin works, particularly email database handling part.
I guess i have asked the question at the right place.

Thank you in advance,
Sanjay.