[spambayes-dev] proposal for more uniform option setting from the command line

Skip Montanaro skip at pobox.com
Wed Nov 12 14:48:31 EST 2003

    Remi> But We have to check if it could be possible to have and option
    Remi> that will not be/can not be included in the options file like my
    Remi> patch about the -t for the sb_mboxtrain.py

Sure.  Command line args which are specific to an application and don't
involve modifications to the options database would still be fine.  I'm more
after the "'-d file' means file is a dbhash and '-D file' means file is a
pickle" sort of arg.  These can be dispensed with if the user can set the
appropriate option(s) from the command line in a more general fashion.

This sort of thing might also be useful for at least casual testing.  I have
this asciify_subject option I'm playing with.  I could compare the output of
these two commands:

    sb_filter.py ~/Mail/unsure \
    | egrep -i 'x-spambayes-classification'

    sb_filter.py -o Tokenizer:asciify_subject:True ~/Mail/unsure \
    | egrep -i 'x-spambayes-classification'

to see if it helps push some of my current unsures in the right direction.

Skip