[spambayes-dev] Message classes

Mark Hammond mhammond at skippinet.com.au
Wed Jun 18 13:27:01 EDT 2003

> Corpus.Message (storage)

AFAIK, this isn't used outside of TimS's code.

> message.Message (pop3proxy, imapfilter, Outlook?)

Outlook intends moving here, but I'm still not sure the pain is worth the
gain at this stage.

> msgs.Msg (testing)

NFI

> email.Message (mboxutils)

I think email.Message could be an internal implementation detail of
message.Message.  I think we need a clear API for message.Message, including
all transformations to and from "external" representations, and clear
semantics for the object once "transformed" from the Outside world.  I
believe it is in these transformations that the oft mentioned "choke point"
for handling badly formed mail must live.  Also, as I mentioned, I am
semi-keen to try falling back to rfc822 when email.Message chokes, just for
the ascii.

Mark.