[spambayes-dev] Outlook Express and other 'dumb' clients

Meyer, Tony T.A.Meyer at massey.ac.nz
Mon Jun 16 15:44:26 EDT 2003

> > Before I go ahead and try this out, I don't suppose anyone
> > knows of an IMAP server written in Python?
>
> I believe one of the twisted guys was working on one. I plan to spend
> some time on it for my own porpoises (hopefully soon).

Actually twisted seems to have one that is "semi-stable".  There's a
IMAPServer class in the API, at least.  (Wonder why my googling didn't
find this?)

New question:  I know nothing about twisted other than I've seen the
name in c.l.p at various times.  Should I:
(a) learn how to use twisted and create the OE/IMAP thing based on that
(possibly meaning that users would need to install twisted)
(b) wait for Anthony to write his, get him to contribute it, and base it
on that
(c) write my own

(c) has the appeal that I can start now, and I don't need a
fully-fledged server anyway (I don't think), but has the reinventing the
wheel problem.  (a) looks complicated.  (b) has the word 'hopefully'
before soon <wink>.

Advice?

=Tony Meyer