[spambayes-dev] New Outlook toolbars

Mark Hammond mhammond at skippinet.com.au
Thu Jun 5 20:05:04 EDT 2003

> All works fine for me, except that the toolbar is still there if I
> unregister spambayes (via addin.py).
>
> Is this just a quirk of running via CVS and won't happen with
> (un)installer 003?

The only way I can uninstall is to start outlook, and programatically remove
the toolbar.  Depending on your configuration, this may require a dialog.
If you leave Outlook running for the uninstall, then the DLL will not be
removed (hopefully it will be flagged for remove next reboot, but then the
uninstall is likely to offer to reboot, etc.  So then I thought maybe the
uninstall could ask if it really *wants* to start Outlook to remove the
toolbar, or telling the user how to remove it manually.  So it all got too
hard :)

I'm more than willing to take opinions on the "right thing" though!  Just
documentation on the current behaviour is my favourite option <wink>.

Mark.