[spambayes-dev] Find latest plugin

Skip Montanaro skip at pobox.com
Wed Jul 23 11:00:58 EDT 2003

There seem to be lots of questions to the spambayes-users list with answers
like "make sure you've installed the latest version of the plugin".  Just a
wild-ass guess here, but it seems like it would be useful if the Outlook
plugin had a menu item called "check for newer version" which could simply
grab a version file from the plugin's home directory and compare it against
the current version.  I added a simple patch to SF which implements this:

    http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=776297&group_id=61702&atid=498105

It was much easier to do than I expected, mostly I'm sure due to Mark's
skill with both the plugin and the win32 infrastructure.

Skip