[spambayes-dev] DBRunRecoveryError

Barry Warsaw barry at python.org
Mon Jul 21 23:21:14 EDT 2003

On Mon, 2003-07-21 at 18:11, Richie Hindle wrote:

> Here's a script that will either crash Python 2.3c1 ("illegal operation")
> or give a DBRunRecoveryError - no need for your mirror dict here!

It doesn't surprise me.  When using multithreaded BerkeleyDB apps, you
need to at least specify the DB_THREAD flag to the database or
environment.  Since hashopen() doesn't use an environment, you'll have
to pass DB_THREAD in the flags argument to hashopen().

For all the gory details, see the Sleepycat documentation:

http://pybsddb.sourceforge.net/ref/program/mt.html

-Barry