[spambayes-dev] [ spambayes-Bugs-764164 ] Error: No mail items are selected.

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Tue Jul 1 13:40:42 EDT 2003

Bugs item #764164, was opened at 2003-07-01 19:40
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=498103&aid=764164&group_id=61702

Category: None
Group: None

Initial Comment:
Howdy!  Noticed a bug when using it in MS Outlook.
Perhaps you'd like to correct? Basically, if you get an
Outlook meeting request that gets deemed as spam
(and for whatever reason, most of my Outlook meeting
requests are deemed as such), the bug in the software
is that you cannot "recover from spam".

While the message is in your spam folder, when you click
the "recover from spam" button to train SpamBayes that
this message is not spam and subsequently move the
message back to your inbox or wherever, SpamBayes
replies to your click, saying, "No Selection: No mail items
are selected."

Bug #2 is that you have the exact same problem as
above with send/read mail receipts returned back to you
from messages where you requested the receipts in the
first place.  What this means is that if I request read
receipts, I have to trudge through my spam folder to
locate them and when I do, there's no way for me to
train the software that these receipts aren't spam
because when I click the "recover from spam" button,
the software tells me I didn't select any e-mail to
recover from.

Anyhoo, hopefully the fix is a simple one which is to
treat these messages in Outlook like any other mail.   I
suspect the software nearly does, because it filters
them in the first place.  Now, if only I could get
SpamBayes to allow me to recover them out of spam
folder, it be perfect...

Screen shots attached.

Thanks.

-- Superfly