[spambayes-dev] Re: [Spambayes] How low can you go?

Tim Stone tim at fourstonesExpressions.com
Wed Dec 17 11:18:49 EST 2003

On Wed, 17 Dec 2003 10:10:55 -0600, Skip Montanaro <skip at pobox.com> wrote:

> I've been experimenting with the bigram stuff and like it so far.  I also
> have some mods to the DBDictClassifier stuff which add timestamps (last
> set,
> last used) to the database.  There's some interaction between the two
> which
> keeps me from using the two together.  It may be worthwhile considering a
> last used timestamp to control the number of unused (or rarely used)
> tokens.

iirc, there was quite a bit of discussion about aging mechanisms quite a
few months ago.  It seemed like most everyone agreed that it was a good
idea, but nobody wanted to implement it for database size considerations.
It still seems like a good idea...

--

Vous exprimer; Exprésese; Te stesso esprimere; Express yourself!
Tim Stone