[spambayes-dev] Using reload() with modules from zips (Was More CVSbranch/tags questions)

Mark Hammond mhammond at skippinet.com.au
Thu Dec 4 17:35:38 EST 2003

> Looks to me like reload() doesn't work with module from zip's, which I
> presume it should.
>
> Could one of the Python experts correct me if I'm wrong here?
>  Otherwise I
> presume I should open a (python) sf bug about this.

I agree this is a bug.  While .zip files are generally logically "readonly",
there is no reason that a .zip file could not be updated dynamically while
an app is running.

I'm not so sure it will see quick attention though, so we should consider
handling this in our code.

I'm also not sure exactly *why* we are doing a reload - saving user options
should not require us to reload the Options module, and I'm fairly sure no
code exists that updates the .zip with a new Options file even if it did :)

Mark.