[spambayes-dev] db_* binaries for Windows, DB_RECOVER

Skip Montanaro skip at pobox.com
Tue Aug 26 17:48:01 EDT 2003

    >> I see a few possible solutions:
    >>
    >> * [...]

    Richie> * Use a different embedded database?  PySQLite?  It's just as
    Richie>   easy to install (on Windows at least) as pybsddb for Python
    Richie>   2.2, and although I've never used it, I've heard good things
    Richie>   about it.  Does anyone here have any experience with it?

I have none.  I briefly played around with PostgreSQL and found it much
slower than the anydbm-based storage.  That might just have been because I
am not a very sophisticated SQL programmer.

Isn't SQLite supposed to be an embedded SQL engine?  If so, where's the
database and how is it shared across (for example) two instances of
hammiefilter?

I think the cleanest way to do this would be to run a server which simply
fronts a pickle.  All apps would talk to it for reading and updating the
info.  You run into performance problems with network overhead and it makes
deploying all applications that much more complex.

Skip