[spambayes-dev] db_* binaries for Windows, DB_RECOVER

Richie Hindle richie at entrian.com
Tue Aug 26 21:38:42 EDT 2003

[Skip]
> Dave Segleau at Sleepycat confirmed for me that making Windows binaries of
> the Sleepycat db_* utilities available from the SpamBayes website would be
> okay.  Who can take the time to make them available?

I already have, for db_recover: http://entrian.com/db_recover.zip

Let me know if you need any more and I'll put them up.

> We would need to make sure that db_recover will actually fix Mark
> Tabash's (and others?) database file.

That's the problem.  I couldn't make head nor tail of how to use it to
recover a Spambayes database - it expects the database to be a directory
(full of files under bsddb's control) rather than a single file.  I assume
this is what Sleepycat mean by an "environment".

For what it's worth, I'm not 100% convinced that what we have is a
threading problem.  I keep getting a corrupt spambayes.messageinfo.db, and
I'm pretty sure that's only ever accessed by one thread.  I even added
debug statements to print the thread ID, and I only ever saw access from
one thread.

--
Richie Hindle
richie at entrian.com