[spambayes-dev] I took a big step Tuesday...

T. Alexander Popiel popiel at wolfskeep.com
Sun Aug 3 19:40:24 EDT 2003

In message:  <3F2CE936.5070808 at hooft.net>
             Rob Hooft <rob at hooft.net> writes:
>T. Alexander Popiel wrote:
>> In message:  <LNBBLJKPBEHFEDALKOLCGEHBFAAB.tim.one at comcast.net>
>>              "Tim Peters" <tim.one at comcast.net> writes:
>>>
>>>could be described by
>>>
>>>   Ham 0.15 Unsure 0.80 Spam
>>
>> +1
>
>People, this is all very unscientific. We have done lots of research in
>the earlier days of spambayes, and have come to the conclusion that
>there are no more than two useful cut-off points.

I certainly agree with you; however, I like the notation shown
above better than the cutoff notation that we currently have in
the options files.  It also makes it more obvious how to drop
down to _just_ two output categories.  That it makes it easier
for people to generate more than three categories is something
that I find completely uninteresting and unobjectionable. ;-)

- Alex