[Soc2015-general] Fwd: gsoc15 Project Proposal

Terri Oda terri at toybox.ca
Mon Mar 16 09:32:08 CET 2015

Each sub-org is different, but most will consider your projects ideas if
you're willing to take time to explain them and work closely with the
mentors to make sure they fit the needs of the organization.  This
sometimes means your ideas will need to be modified or adapted.  You
should talk to the mentors to see if they're interested before spending
time writing up a full application.

Please note that "fitting the needs of the organization" is the
important thing here.  Sometimes students come up with great ideas that
are a perfect fit, but sometimes your vision for a neat idea isn't going
to match up with where the organization needs to allocate its resources,
and you'll be hurting your chances of acceptance if you keep pushing for
something the project doesn't want.  If you can't find a way to make
your idea fit the needs of the project, you should propose another idea
or work on one that they've already determined meets their needs.

  Terri