[Soc2015-general] And we're off!

Terri Oda terri at toybox.ca
Tue Mar 3 08:27:14 CET 2015

We got word from Google that Python is an official gsoc mentoring
organization again for 2015!

We're expecting an influx of new sub-orgs now that the official list is
out, so expect a few new names to show up on our wiki page:

https://wiki.python.org/moin/SummerOfCode/2015

New sub orgs have until March 16 to contact us, but I expect the bulk of
them will be listed by this weekend.

Right now, students should be getting to know the sub-orgs they'd like
to work with, and working on their first patch.  You need to submit a
code sample for your application with Python, and it certainly is more
impressive if you can show off code for your project!

  Terri