[Soc2015-general] regarding project proposal

DVD PS dps.helio at gmail.com
Thu Feb 26 17:06:27 CET 2015

Hi Palash,

On 26 February 2015 at 15:49, Palash Ahuja <abhor902 at gmail.com> wrote:

> I am in a bit of a pickle, when it comes to writing the project proposal.
> I have thoroughly researched the subject as well as the technicalities
> regarding to that project. I have a proposal in mind, but I am not sure
> whether I will be able to implement it full scale within the timeline of
> gsoc or maybe it is something which is not that important. So,should I ask
> my mentor how should I go by my project proposal or to write the proposal
> completely on my own ? Is it a violation to do the former ?

The most you interact with your possible mentor or dev-team the better.
Discuss your proposal in advanced with the mentors and do as many
iterations as you think is needed. There's no rule against that! on the
opposite, it's encouraged to do so.

Check this guide to know how to create a very good application:
https://flossmanuals.net/GSoCStudentGuide/

Cheers,
David