[Soc2015-general] Saying "Hello, World"

Terri Oda terri at toybox.ca
Mon Feb 23 07:59:30 CET 2015

On 2015-02-20 5:20 AM, Aditya Dalwani wrote:
> Hello Everyone!
> My name is Aditya. I'm currently studying Computer Science (Third Year)
> at PESIT, Bangalore.
>
> The Python language has been a great boon for me ever since I was
> introduced to it a year and a half ago and I feel more at home when I'm
> coding in Python over any other language. With this in mind, I would
> love to start contributing to the Python project and hopefully inspire
> more developers to love everything associated with it.
> For GSoC 2015 and beyond, I would like to contribute to core CPython.
>
> I have read the developer's guide and the GSoC-related material and will
> attempt to start working on quality patches at the earliest. However,
> should there be any new work that should be associated with me, I'd be
> more than willing to try! :)

Hello Aditya, and welcome!

We're still trying to get enough mentors to get some CPython stuff set
up, but while you're waiting for an official ideas list, you might want
to take a look the python mentors website:

http://pythonmentors.com/

The path to being a new cpython dev and the path to being a new GSoC
student are thankfully pretty similar.

Also, I've cc'ed Kushal Das, our newest org admin who's going to be
helping coordinate the CPython projects, just so you know whose posts to
watch for!

  Terri