[Soap-Python] rpclib/soaplib

Chris Austin chris at sydneysys.com
Mon Jan 24 20:57:28 CET 2011

Hi Roman,

First off, your offer is most gracious and I'd love to take you up on it.

Second, I'd like to give you a little bit of background of where we
are hoping to go forward with soaplib.

We've recently released a new beta of soaplib 2.0.   So, we are
looking to find and quash as many bugs as we can without altering the
API further at this point.   Realistically, this means improving the
following:

+test coverage
+test cases
+ interoperability testing with java and .net clients
+improved doc strings for modules and the public API
+improving the project documentation
+fixing bugs once bug reports for the 2.0 beta.
+and more maintenance items I am sure I've forgotten

Once we release a solid 2.0 we can start planning non-breaking changes
for 2.x.x and beyond.

I realize this might sound a bit drab but I want to be honest about
what your student would be expecting to get done.

If you and your students are still interested, feel free to contact me
and I can start moving forward with some planning.

Cheers