[Shtoom] Doug play and record at the same time

Amos Latteier amos at latteier.com
Sat Jul 30 21:25:26 CEST 2005

Hi,

I downloaded Shtoom today. It looks pretty cool! I'm looking for an
alternative to writing IVR in asterisk, preferably one that allows me to
use Python. Doug looks pretty interesting. So far I've read a bunch of
the source and have gotten some of the example scripts working.

For my application I want to be able to simultaneously play and record
audio on a leg (like karaoke). The mediaPlay(), mediaRecord() and
mediaStop() methods on shtoom.doug.leg.Leg seem to designed so that you
can't play and record at the same time. So my question is: what's the
best way to accomplish this? One solution might be to conference two
legs, one that's recording and one that's playing. Otherwise if there is
no deep problem with it I'd be happy to try to produce patches to doug
to allow simultaneous recording and playing.

Thanks for any advice or pointers!

-Amos