[Shtoom] want a sumo patch?

Zooko O'Whielacronx zooko at zooko.com
Wed Feb 23 21:56:19 CET 2005

Anthony:

I had wanted to make a series of patches, where each one contains a
single logical feature, so that you could examine, test, and apply each
feature in turn.

With the first two -- RTP Packet and Playout -- I've successfully done
that, but the next one -- Mac Audio -- is so intertwined with other
changes that it has taken hours and I'm still not finished.  Also,
there are so many more patches to come, and they are so intertwined,
that I have a new proposal:

Sumo Patch

I'll submit a patch which is "everything that differs between
SVNHEAD+playout.patch and our-proprietary-branch, excluding secret
sauce".

Then I'll help you pick over it, change pieces, etc.

It is still going to take me hours of work to submit it because I want
to at least *document* what the logically separate changes are, even if
I can't actually extract them into separate patches...

What do you say?

Regards,

Zooko