[Shtoom] patch: move some tests from test/ to livetest/

Zooko O'Whielacronx zooko at zooko.com
Tue Feb 22 17:56:39 CET 2005

Problem 1:  Some tests require things like a good network, good DNS
servers, etc., and these tests can show "FAILED" if the network is bad
or disconnected even though the Shtoom source code itself has no bugs.

Problem 2: On my network in my workshop here, these tests take 1m30s to
complete.  When I have to wait that long I get distracted and start
reading e-mail, building little ships in bottles, or something, and my
productivity plummets.

I've been encountering problem #2 just now as I'm running the Shtoom
unit tests to test my new playout patch.

Proposed solution in this patch: move tests which require something in
addition to working-Shtoom-source-code into a separate dir named
"livetest".  After this patch it takes 1m30s to do "trial
shtoom.livetest" and it takes 2s to do "trial shtoom.test".  This helps
me work more efficiently.

Regards,

Zooko