[Shtoom] blocking calls in sample scripts?

mglover at logitel.com mglover at logitel.com
Sat Dec 10 01:50:39 CET 2005

This is my first few days with shtoom (and twisted).  I've been looking at the
sample scripts, and shtam.py converts to WAV and then uses smtplib in what
looks like a blocking manner.

My understanding of twisted is that when you do something that blocks, you
have to use a deferred or you'll stop all of the (what's the twisted analog to
a thread?).  Is this just a 'this is a sample script and I didn't feel like
doing it right' kind of thing, or am I misunderstanding something and that's
really okay?

Thanks.

-mike