[Security-sig] RFC: PEP: Make os.urandom() blocking on Linux

Ethan Furman ethan at stoneleaf.us
Wed Jun 22 21:29:21 EDT 2016

Barry, Cory, et al:

We all know there are two camps here:

- Those that want "secure by default" behavior, and
- Those that want "thin wrapper" behavior.

We have discussed the reasoning behind those two camps ad nauseam on
Python Dev, with fairly disastrous results.  I did not create this list
so we could do it again.

At this point we have two PEPs going.  Let's make sure that whichever
PEP we take back to Py-Dev includes all the arguments and objections
noted, and then let Guido or his delegate make the final call.

Please.

--
~Ethan~