[SciPy-User] ANN: rvmath 0.1

Hernan Grecco hernan.grecco at gmail.com
Wed May 12 13:17:51 EDT 2021

Hi Andrew,

I have been asked this question in two different ways.

On one side the  sum of two or more independent random variables is the
convolution of their individual distribution. This is the example shown in
the announcement (x and y are uniform and normal distribution respectively;
what would have been written mathematically as `x ~ rvm.uniform()` and `y ~
rvm.uniform`)

But other people asked me if you can use one random variable as a parameter
of another. For example, the realization of a normal random variable is the
scale of another one. I have a working version of this on my local repo. I
am still not completely happy with the implementation but works. I will
test it a little bit more, commit it and push it.

Does this answer your question?

best,

Hernan

best,