[SciPy-User] coordinate and vector transformations between cartesian and cylindrical coordinate system

Schuldei, Andreas andreas.schuldei at th-luebeck.de
Mon Jul 12 10:03:15 EDT 2021

Hi,

I am looking for ways to do coordinate and vector transformations between cartesian and cylindrical coordinates. Scipy has scipy.spatial.transform<https://docs.scipy.org/doc/scipy/reference/generated/scipy.spatial.transform.Rotation.__len__.html>, but no ready (easy?) way to do the transformations I look for. Is there a way to use spatial.transform for this that I don't see? Transformations this common surely are done frequently, but I fail to find examples that I can learn from or reuse.

Kind regards,

Andreas