[SciPy-User] specify time steps for ode solvers?

David Hagen david at drhagen.com
Tue Jun 25 06:13:13 EDT 2019

> Is there a way to force ode solvers like scipy.integrate.RK45 to use
specific steps? I know that the evaluation points can be specified for
output, but I want to control the actual timesteps used for integration.
Thanks,
Max Aifer

Only variable step solvers are currently implemented in SciPy. Their
accuracy is controlled by the rtol and atol arguments rather than by the
step size like fixed-step-size solvers. There is no way to force RK45 or
the others to take particularly sized steps.