[SciPy-User] SciPy paper

Andrew Nelson andyfaff at gmail.com
Thu Jun 20 04:35:20 EDT 2019

A paper about SciPy 1.0 is in preparation. We appreciate all contributions
made to SciPy, and we want to credit in the paper everyone who has made a
substantial contribution.

The definition of 'substantial' is "one new feature, significant
improvement (e.g. performance or accuracy) to an existing feature, or
multiple smaller contributions". We have tried to contact those with GitHub
accounts (via the associated email address) who have made at least one
commit, issue, pull request, review, or comment at the SciPy main
repository prior to the release of SciPy 1.0. However, we realise that this
may not have reached contributors whose associated GitHub email address is
no longer reachable. If you believe that you have made substantial
contributions to the project we ask that you fill out the following (short)
form *by Friday, June 28,* if you wish to be considered for inclusion on
the author list.

SciPy 1.0 Paper Author Form (
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScApdlW3PvJBhdXvSzzpJ54oAxUnZTNqD8tYpxZVv4G0jkQHQ/viewform
)

By submitting the form, you will certify that you have reviewed and agree
to the submission of the manuscript (
https://github.com/scipy/scipy-articles/blob/master/scipy-1.0/paper.pdf),
and that if selected as an author you will read the final version and take
appropriate action if you disagree with any content.

The coordination committee has determined that the author order will be
'The SciPy Developers' as first author; maintainers, paper writers, and
other key contributors in order of contribution level; and all other
authors in alphabetical order. The Author Contributions Statement at the
end of the paper will document how the author order was determined. Final
decisions about author order will be made by the paper coordination
committee with a deciding vote, if needed, provided by the Chair of the
SciPy Steering Council, Ralf Gommers.

Once authorship decisions are made, those who submitted the form linked
above will receive an email with their status and a link to a final version
of the paper, which we intend to submit to Scientific Reports
<https://www.nature.com/srep/>.

Please post an issue on the scipy-articles GitHub repository (
https://github.com/scipy/scipy-articles) if you have any questions or
comments so that a member of the coordination committee can respond. Thanks
to everyone for your contributions to SciPy!