[SciPy-User] ODR multiresponse multidimensional

Robert Kern robert.kern at gmail.com
Tue Sep 29 10:26:54 EDT 2015

On Tue, Sep 29, 2015 at 3:16 PM, Thomas Howells <t.howells42 at gmail.com>
wrote:

> I'll elucidate a little more: I have data with two control variables,
theta and E, for angle and energy. Each energy is measured at each angle;
this makes the data multidimensional (after checking the ODR reference
guide, http://docs.scipy.org/doc/external/odrpack_guide.pdf, this is also
referred to as multivariate; sorry if this caused confusion).

> For each combination of theta and E, I get two linked readings (or
it multi-response, as well as multivariate, a situation described on page 6
of the ODR reference guide.

> Ideally I need to find the best fit to all angles & both responses
simultaneously to reduce correlation between parameters. The odr.Model
object has instructions to handle multidimensional input x, and
corresponding multidimensional response y, but not what to do if you have
both a multidimensional input and multiresponse.

> My input array x is [m,n] where m is the dimensionality of the input and
n is the number of observations. (In my case [3,56])

What's the third one? You mentioned only two: the angle and the energy.

--
Robert Kern