[SciPy-User] access to odeint intermediate results for later interpolation

Rob Clewley rob.clewley at gmail.com
Thu Oct 22 12:08:22 EDT 2015

> On Wed, Oct 21, 2015 at 1:09 PM, David Mikolas <david.mikolas1 at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>>
>> I've read that sometimes one saves the intermediate results from numerical
>> integration so that it can be re-interpolated for other points in time.
>>
>> For example, an efficient integration would use variable step size, and
>> when it detects that the current step has passed one or more of the time
>> points requested, it would use the same coefficients to calculate results at
>> the requested time point instead of recalculating.

I think these features are not in the current scipy codes. However,
PyDSTool's interface to Dopri and Radau gives access to those
polynomials. It also augments the original codes with a way to force
time points from an array. The output is an interpolation object that
can use the underlying polynomial directly. An example is at
https://github.com/robclewley/pydstool/blob/master/examples/poly_interp_test.py