[SciPy-User] Talk at Scipy Conference

Jonathan Rocher jonathanrocher at gmail.com
Sat Mar 28 14:34:33 EDT 2015

Hi Kevin,

I think that Thomas is correct: in the past few years, we had around 1/3
talks, 1/3 posters and 1/3 rejections. It is unfortunate, but we don't have
enough poster spots to give one to anyone one who applies.

Good luck with your submission and hope to see you this summer.

Best,
Jonathan

On Fri, Mar 27, 2015 at 3:53 PM, Thomas Kluyver <takowl at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Kevin,
>
> On 27 March 2015 at 12:40, Kevin Gullikson <kevin.gullikson at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Hey all, sorry if this is slightly off topic. I am thinking about
>> applying to give a talk at the Scipy 2015 conference. Does anyone here know
>> what happens if my talk is declined? At the astronomy conferences I have
>> been to, you automatically just give a poster if your talk is not accepted.
>> Is that the case at Scipy?
>

> I know people who have submitted a talk proposal for Scipy in previous
> years and had it accepted as a poster, but I don't think that's automatic
> for everyone whose talk is declined. Hopefully someone will correct me if
> I'm wrong.
>
> Thomas

Jonathan Rocher
Austin TX, USA