[SciPy-User] speed of logpdf functions in scipy.stats

Brian Blais bblais at gmail.com
Sat Mar 28 13:01:42 EDT 2015

On Sat, Mar 28, 2015 at 7:35 AM, Robert Kern <robert.kern at gmail.com> wrote:

> He meant norm._logpdf(x).

ah, that makes more sense....and it's faster than my python function.
however, this clearly works only in the case of mu=0, sd=1.  for the
normal it's easy to transform, but my goal is to have fast version of
the logpdf's of the different scipy.stats distributions, where each
call may have *different* distribution parameters.  is there a fast
_logpdf-type version for the distributions where you can specify
value, scale, etc...?

thanks,

bb

--