[SciPy-User] Asymmetric peak fitting

Paweł Kwaśniewski pawel.kw at gmail.com
Wed Mar 18 11:06:19 EDT 2015

Hi All,

I'm currently trying to fit some experimental data in the form of
asymmetric peaks. In principle it's difficult to find a distribution
describing this kind of data. My goal is to get the full width half maximum
of the peak and the peak position. I tried to look for some ready solutions
within scipy but could not find any. I did find a nice paper though:

http://arxiv.org/abs/0711.4449

Since it's not so trivial (at least not for me) to implement this, I'd like
to ask if anyone in the community has already done this (or something
similar) and would like to share the code.

Cheers,

Pawel Kwasniewski