[SciPy-User] Re : Installing scipy on MacOS X

Slater Joseph C , PhD, PE joseph.slater at wright.edu
Mon Jun 15 21:07:21 EDT 2015

> On Jun 15, 2015, at 8:34 PM, Oleksandr Huziy <guziy.sasha at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi
> Sorry for the trivial questions:

Not at all. A presumption of incompetence on my part may not be far off. I've just started this "journey".

> Have you activated your virtualenv before using pip?

Yes.

> What is the output of pip list?

(scipy-dev)[jslater at Norma scipy-dev]$ pip list
Cython (0.22)
delocate (0.6.2)
matplotlib (1.4.3)
nose (1.3.7)
numpy (1.9.2)
pip (7.0.3)
pyparsing (2.0.3)
python-dateutil (2.4.2)
pytz (2015.4)
setuptools (17.0)
sh (1.11)
six (1.9.0)
wheel (0.24.0)

> Activate tour virtualenv and to install using pip install scipy.

That, however, will undermine my intent, which is to be working with the developer version. I'm not the best in Python... but I'm sufficiently capable, and more so in my field, to extend it. There is another gentleman working on extending signal/spectral overlapping what I'm doing. It makes more sense for me to be working in concert rather than as another disjointed signal processing effort.

Nevertheless, I've installed it. It was successful. However, I really need to be using my fork, if anyone can help me figure out what I've done wrong... probably something harebrained.

Joe