[SciPy-User] Numerical Recipes and scipy

Peter Parente parente at gmail.com
Fri Oct 10 17:01:25 EDT 2014

Hi all,

I have a question about SciPy and its relation to the code from Numerical
Recipes (http://www.nr.com/licenses/redistribute.html)

I can see that both the SciPy FAQ and code comments today both contain
references to the book. I noticed that in 2008 there was a discussion about
removing SciPy code derived from the book to avoid infringing on the NR
license. (
http://mail.scipy.org/pipermail/scipy-dev/2008-December/010446.html)

I see that some code was identified and possibly replaced, but there is no
distinct end to the activity. Does anyone have an understanding they can
share about where SciPy stands today with respect to NR and its license
terms?

Thanks,
Pete

(I'm sorry if this is a dupe. I had a problem posting from my subscribed
email address.)