[SciPy-User] SVG logo of SciPy

Tony Yu tsyu80 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 21 02:08:05 EDT 2014

On Sat, Mar 15, 2014 at 12:01 PM, Ralf Gommers <ralf.gommers at gmail.com>wrote:

> On Mon, Mar 10, 2014 at 10:39 AM, Christophe Bal <projetmbc at gmail.com>wrote:
>

>> Hello,
>> is there a SVG version of the SciPy logos ? This would be to be used on
>> my website.
>>

> Someone's got to have them, but they're not in the scipy.org repo. Anyone
> know who created the original?
>
> The closest I could find is Tony Yu's ScipyCentral logo:
> https://github.com/tonysyu/SciPy-Central-Logo

FWIW, I looked around for an SVG version of the SciPy logo about 3 years
ago, while making the scikit-image logo. I ended up not finding anything
better than a PNG of the logo and manually traced the geometry to get
something for the logo.

That said, it appears that Nicolas Rougier either created(-his-own) or
found an SVG version of the SciPy logo (it's embedded in a larger image,
but shouldn't be too hard to extract):

http://webloria.loria.fr/~rougier/tmp/scipy.svg

Cheers,
-Tony