[SciPy-User] how to share weave.inline generated files accross machines?

Pauli Virtanen pav at iki.fi
Sun Aug 17 14:23:49 EDT 2014

Jadhav, Alok  <alok.jadhav <at> credit-suisse.com> writes:
> according to the scipy.weave.inline documentation, weave
> stores the catalogue of already compiled code strings in
> an on-disk cache. What happens if the location of weave generated
> pyd files is commong between 2 machines (on a network drive),
> will the catalogue of this data shared between 2 machines? To
> be more precise, if 1 machine generates a pyd file and if we
> copy this pyd file to a different machine and run the same weave.inline
> function will the other machine try to recompile the code?

Weave caches compiled code on disk, using cache keys derived from
the code string to be compiled. If compiled code is found from the
cache, no recompilation is done.

With network file systems,  I'm not sure how carefully locking is
implemented in Weave, so race conditions may exist if two processes
try to write the same code simultaneously.

--
Pauli Virtanen