[SciPy-User] scipy IFFT question ( time N+1 wraps back to time 0 )

Matt Newcomb mnewcomb at wisc.edu
Mon Oct 7 14:55:43 EDT 2013

Hi,

I've got the transfer function of an  LTI system  (H(s)).  The input to the
system is a 1 ns pulse delayed by X ns ( x(t) )  If I compute the response
function by taking the fft of the input to the system multiplying and then
taking the ifft I see the impulse response to the system just shifted by X
ns.  That's expected but the problem is that the tail of the system
response wraps around and appears at time 0 in the ifft.   NOT what I
wanted.  How do I get rid of this?

Thank you,

Matt