[SciPy-User] Library for constrained (?) networks

Andrea Gavana andrea.gavana at gmail.com
Wed Nov 13 08:47:14 EST 2013

Hi,

    I'm currently investigating a problem, and my Google-fu is completely
failing me - possibly because I am not sure how these problems are defined
in the mathematical world.

If you refer to the attached picture, I have a number of wells attached to
a platform, which can be in turn attached to another platform, and all the
platforms end into a node called "Field". It's basically a network graph.
These wells produce some fluids, and the platforms (and the Field) may have
a "maximum capacity" (indicated by numbers in the picture) which may not be
exceeded.

What I am trying to do is to produce as much as possible from all the wells
while avoiding breaking the capacity constraints of the platforms and the
Field. My googling around suggested that I should look for constraint
satisfaction problems libraries, but I am unsure which ones or if this is
the correct approach or if there are better strategies around. Or maybe I'm
just completely missing something obvious.

Thank you in advance for any suggestions.

Andrea.

http://www.infinity77.net