[SciPy-User] overlapping samples t test

josef.pktd at gmail.com josef.pktd at gmail.com
Sun Nov 10 11:22:28 EST 2013

On Sat, Nov 9, 2013 at 11:06 PM, Horea Christian <h.chr at mail.ru> wrote:

>  Hey there - relating to my previous question about t-tests. I have (only
> very little) missing data and I was told on CrossValidated (a stack
> exchange for data analysis) in this thread
> http://stats.stackexchange.com/questions/75046/related-sample-t-test-with-missing-valuesthat I should use an overlapping samples t-test. is this in scipy - or is
> there any easy way to get similar functionality? (I could push it upstream
> if you can tell me how to implement it)

I've never heard of overlapping samples t-test.

If it mixes independent and paired t-tests, then it might require
additional assumptions that might not be appropriate for a repeated
measures setting, when we have to worry about unobserved differences across
individuals or correlation within individuals.

Josef