[SciPy-User] TODO: more one-sided options in statistical tests

josef.pktd at gmail.com josef.pktd at gmail.com
Sat Mar 2 09:22:41 EST 2013

options that would be nice to have, if someone has a few spare cycles.

most statistical tests in scipy stats don't have an option for a
one-sided alternative.

I could use a one-sided ``binom_test`` right now.
http://ugrad.stat.ubc.ca/R/library/stats/html/binom.test.html
My guess is, it's at most of few lines, but it takes time to find them
and to write the tests.

For example, a ttest_ind that allows for one-sided alternatives and
for a Null hypothesis that has a mean difference different from zero
https://github.com/statsmodels/statsmodels/pull/535/files#L13R461
(I needed it to write an equivalence test)

Josef